Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Big Bad MUN Guide I: "Those Wishing to Be Added to the Primary Speakers' List Will Please Raise Their Placards!"

Delegates!

I hope you're enjoying your well-deserved break from studies. What a wonderful time to lean back, enjoy the season, look forward to next semester's classes (Practical Aspects of German Applied Linguistics is gonna ROCK!), and relax.

Wait... relax? How silly of me! What I meant to say was that this holiday break means time to HONE OUR MODEL UNITED NATIONS SKILLS! WOOHOO! (I can hear you all cheering along with me right now.) Let's get to work!

Well, okay: perhaps it will be permissible for you to kick back just a little these next couple of weeks, but when that unavoidable, itchy "I-need-my-dose-of-global-dynamics-and-international-politics" feeling hits you, we're here for you. As promised, this post brings to you the first installment of the "Big Bad MUN Guide". I hope you enjoy it, huddled up warm inside as I'm sure you all are right now. If anyone spots errors, omissions, or even merely has a humourous comment, by all means, e-mail me. Alright, then, without further ado:

The Big Bad MUN Guide (Microsoft Word file)

So, I guess that`s about it. Maybe just one last thing: not that the information itself is anything new to you, especially if you`ve been following this blog, but I was reading Reader`s Digest the other day, and came across and article that focused on exactly what we`ll debating this February. If for no other reason than that I was simply excited to encounter it so unexpectedly, here`s the article:

E-Waste (Reader's Digest) *

Happy New Year, All!

*The URL for that RD article seems to change; make sure the last digit is 0, not 1.

No comments: