Saturday, January 16, 2010

I've got this melody in my head that I can't get out- got me singing like, na na na na everyday. It's like my ipod stuck on replay, replay.

Delegates!

Taking a break for a moment from the transboundary movement facet of toxic waste handling, here are a couple of videos that share a common theme: getting rid of harmful pollutants by feeding them to something else. Take a few minutes to watch them- they may raise (and I hope they do) a number of questions in your head about the viability, use, and concerns of these methods.

When Bacteria Attack.

When Good Worms Go Bad.

You might be thinking that this isn't relevant, seeing's as these videos feature reactive 'clean-up' methods, rather than proactive treatment of hazardous wastes. It's worth noting (and doing some further research) that, as I've read, these methods are being considered for application in a waste-treatment context, a little tweaking to the technical details being needed, of course.

In other news, the background papers went up a short time ago. There're links under "Resources" on the right that you can click on to get to them. In a little more than a month, the Conference will be upon us! Get excited!

(Apologies for the post title; as you might have realized by now, this post has nothing to do with that. It's just a statement of truth for the day.)

No comments: