Monday, January 18, 2010

Site O' Resource-iness

Delegates!

(I get all tingly every time I write that.) It has been taking me longer than I'd thought to get up part 2 (of 3, or at least, that's the plan- this might end up having an Adams-ian series twist) of the Big, Bad MUN Guide, but have no fear! It's underway and should be hitting this blog... 'shortly'

So, until that gets here, here's a website I've found to tide you over. It looks like a very promising resource (for discussing the effects of climate change on marine life); I admit that I haven't reviewed everything on it yet- there are many pages and hours' worth of video clips-, but I think you'll find it useful. So click on over!

Marine Bio: Marine Conservation

On a different note, has anyone else been as put off as I have by the absence, so it seems, of recent periodical articles that help to give good 'political bearings' as far as foreign policy goes? I know I sure have. But, of course, up-to-date information relating to nation states' stance on current events on the world stage is critical to effective debate. So my suggestion to you today is to work with other delegates openly. Share what resources you've found and network efficiently (I was about to create a message board so that delegates from different schools could already be developing their 'presentations' of certain talking points, but then I realized that there was probably a Facebook group for that. There is. Go join it.). There are no winners in this game- you either have a great conference or a REALLY great conference.

All right, that's enough chatter. I'm headed back to work.

No comments: