Saturday, January 16, 2010

What's to be Done?

Delegates!

It's taken me a little longer than I'd thought to search out this 'scattering' of information related to climate change I present to you now. And, still, it isn't quite what I've been looking for: although (particularly in the first video below) important issues (like the "so what?" moment, and the highly-touted role of technology in finding solutions for climate change) are addressed, it's hard to find potential solutions for the environmental challenges we face that are explicit, credible, and doable. (In my travails o'er the vast expanse of the net, I have found proposed the idea that we reduce the effect of human activity on the umwelt by 'eliminating' all those 'useless surplus humans'- please, nobody suggest this at HSMUN.)


At any rate, here's what I have for you:




The UNEP's continual plea: Invest in the Green Economy.


Greenhouse Gases: What's the Problem?




Also, do you know what year it is?

No comments: